Château de Villars Fontaine, a Charming Winery in the Heart of Burgundy

The vineyards of Château de Villars Fontaine cover an area of 30 hectares. A green setting with ancient trees surrounds the entire estate and gives it an idyllic look. Bernard Hudelot established the Château de Villars Fontaine in 1970. In 1984, he gave it the name of Domaine de Montmain. Later in 2000, he acquired his great-grandmother’s property, Château de Villars Fontaine. Presently, the estate rests on the cellar of the canons.

In Château de Villars Fontaine Experience Historic Architecture

Accordingly, the architecture of the cellar testifies to this history. In the basement, two passages connect the parallel semicircular vaulted cellars. Furthermore, there is a stone staircase that serves the floors in the style of the 18th century. The owners entertain approximately 40,000 visitors every year.

The Winery Provides a Diverse Portfolio of Grape Varieties

In the beautiful vineyards of the château various types of vines, including Pinot Noir, Gamay, Chardonnay and Aligoté are planted. On an area of 40%, they grow on marl of Oberjura vines for a unique white wine. And on the remaining 60%, they cultivate grapes to produce luscious red wines on the Nacreous Slab of the Middle Jura. Thanks to manual harvesting techiques Château de Villars Fontaine creates unique wines of high quality. The manual work of harvesting guarantees to select the best quality of the vines. So, if you are a passionate winelover and like to add unique wines and forgotten vintages to your collection, plan a short trip to Château de Villars Fontaine. You can have a prominent wine tasting experience around the charming countryside.

Please hold on a second: the map will load in a few seconds…

Services / Facilities:
Reduced Mobility Access available Reduced Mobility Access
Not Organic Producer Organic Producer
Resaurant Unavailable Restaurant
Hotel Accommodation Unavailable Accommodation
Kids Activities Unavailable Kids Activities
Pets Allowed Pets Allowed
Bus Parking Unavailable Bus Parking
Appellation:
Bourgogne Hautes Côtes de Nuits
Wine Types:
Red Wine, White Wine, Rose Wine,
Grape Varieties:

Pinot Noir, Gamay, Chardonnay, Aligoté

Location:
10, chemin des Beveys VILLARS FONTAINE 21700 France See it on map
Visiting Hours:

Monday: 9:30 - 12:00 / 14:00 - 17:30
Tuesday: 9:30 - 12:00 / 14:00 - 17:30
Wednesday: 9:30 - 12:00 / 14:00 - 17:30
Thursday: 9:30 - 12:00 / 14:00 - 17:30
Friday: 9:30 - 12:00 / 14:00 - 17:30
Saturday: 9:30 - 12:00 / 14:00 - 17:30
Sunday: Every Sunday in July and August

Spoken Languages: English Français

Our Wine Experiences

Enter the fascinating world of wine at Château de Villars Fontaine through one of our activities: choose the experience that thrills you most

Château de Villars Fontaine

Wine tasting and tour at Château de Villars Fontaine

10 €
1 30
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 StarsLoading...
10, chemin des Beveys VILLARS FONTAINE 21700 France

Other wineries in Burgundy

The Burgundy region has a long wine tradition and a number of wineries which will open up the real taste of its wines

Domaine de la Jobeline

Domaine De La Jobeline – Wonderful Historic Winery Offer Delicious Wines.

Burgundy
(France)
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 StarsLoading...
887 route de la Roche Vineuse Verzé 71960 France

Domaine du Chalet Pouilly

Explore the long inherited Domaine Du Chalet Pouilly

Burgundy
(France)
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 StarsLoading...
Domaine du Chalet Pouilly, Solutré-Pouilly, France

Château De Chamirey

Discover the diversity of landscapes and the richness of the terroirs of Mercurey at Château de Chamirey

Burgundy
(France)
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 StarsLoading...
1 Rue Du Château, Mercurey, Côte Chalonnaise, 71640, France

Domaine de L’Echelette

A Vineyard Flourished After Natural Calamities

Burgundy
(France)
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 StarsLoading...
L'Echelette La Chapelle sous Brancion 71700 France

Other Wineries close to Château de Villars Fontaine? Browse other Wineries in Burgundy