The Mondo- Family Wine Estate in the Piemonte Region

The Mondo family wine estate in the Piemonte region is in a ridge that resembles a sleeping woman. The Mondos have been recognized in the village of San Marzano Oliveto, near Asti, as wine-makers for generations and are much appreciated. The grandfather Ernesto founded the estate after coming back from the Second World War in 1945, but only with the inclusion in the estate of his son Franco in 1978 the things changed as he started bottling, bought some vineyards, and increased their sales network.

Winery with Artisanal Character

Nowadays, the Francomondo estate produces around 65,000 bottles per year and exports around 60% of the production, and the other 40% is sold in Italy. The Company today, still maintains its artisanal and familiar character and is run by Valerio, his father Franco, and his oldest daughter Beatrice, who started working at the family estate in 2015.

Ideal place for Cultivating Vines

The particular composition of the soil and a temperate microclimate make it the ideal place for cultivating vines. Their estate covers about 11 hectares of vineyards, approximately 60 % of which are dedicated to the cultivation of Barbera grapes, while the rest is divided between Moscato Bianco, Dolcetto, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cortese, Chardonnay, and Favorita varieties. The Barbera has always been the most important wine for the Mondo family, and they produce not only the traditional Barbera D’Asti DOCG and the Barbera D’Asti Superiore DOCG but also the Nizza DOCG.

Their winery is situated in the western part of the area of production of the Nizza, on the top of a panoramic Monferrato Hill.

The wines are unique and resemble their rich history and gifted terroir.

Please hold on a second: the map will load in a few seconds…

Services / Facilities:
Reduced Mobility Access Unavailable Reduced Mobility Access
Not Organic Producer Organic Producer
Resaurant Unavailable Restaurant
Hotel Accommodation Unavailable Accommodation
Kids Activities Unavailable Kids Activities
Pets Allowed Pets Allowed
Bus Parking Available Bus Parking
Cellar Door Sales
Appellation:
Nizza | Barbera D'Asti Superiore | Barbera D'Asti
Wine Types:
Red Wine, White Wine,
Grape Varieties:

Barbera

Location:
Regione Mariano 33, San Marzano Oliveto, 14050, Italy See it on map
Visiting Hours:
Spoken Languages: English

Our Wine Experiences

Enter the fascinating world of wine at Francomondo Di Mondo Valerio through one of our activities: choose the experience that thrills you most

Francomondo Di Mondo Valerio

Wine tasting and tour at Francomondo Di Mondo Valerio

10 €
2
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 StarsLoading...
Regione Mariano 33, San Marzano Oliveto, 14050, Italy

Other wineries in Piedmont

The Piedmont region has a long wine tradition and a number of wineries which will open up the real taste of its wines

Hic Et Nunc

A state-of-the-art wine estate in a beautiful region and known for high-quality wines

Piedmont
(Italy)
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 StarsLoading...
Località Cà Milano, 7, Vignale Monferrato, Vignale Monferrato, 15049, Italy

Azienda Agricola Pietro Rinaldi

Fourth-generation winery making authentic Piedmont wines with organic techniques

Piedmont
(Italy)
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 StarsLoading...
Madonna Di Como,86, Alba, 12051, Italy

Cascina Delle Rocche Di Moncucco

Small winery producing the best Langhe wines with eco-friendly viticulture techniques

Piedmont
(Italy)
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 StarsLoading...
Loc. Moncucco 50, S.Stefano Belbo, 12058, Italy

Cantina Di Nizza

One of the top Italian producers of Barbera with a rich history and tradition since 1955

Piedmont
(Italy)
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 StarsLoading...
Strada Alessandria N. 57, Nizza Monferrato, 14049, Italy

Other Wineries close to Francomondo Di Mondo Valerio? Browse other Wineries in Monferrato or Wineries in Piedmont