Rechsteiner- Winery housed in an Historic 17th Century Building
Diversity and contrasts are what make Rechsteiner winery special and stand apart from other wineries. In the year 1881, Friederich Reichsteiner took ownership of the current estate in Oderzo as well as the accompanying villa that originally belonged to the Counts Revedin. The current winery is housed in an historic 17th century building, which was originally the warehouse of the villa and is where ancient wine making traditions meet the functionality of modern day wine production.
The Rechsteiner winery has 50 vineyards, which are divided between white and red varietals. These 50 hectares of vineyards are located between Piavon di Oderzo and San Nicolo di Ponte di Piave which are the most suitable areas in the region for wine production and grape growing the perfect soils and climate make for the production of full bodied red wines and fruity white wines thanks to the perfect breeze coming off the Adriatic coast.
Winery Combining German Efficiency with Italian Creativity
At Rechsteiner winery, the wine makers combine German efficiency with Italian creativity while still valuing history and tradition in the use of modern technologies.
In the wine production process there is the highest respect for sustainability standards, which are at no point compromised as the wine is considered part of the local culture and not as an industrial product.
At the wine farm, all who are involved at Rechsteiner promote wine as a culture and appreciate all of its related cultural activities in an incredible natural, historical and architectural setting.