Château Lesparre, a Winery with a Rich Family History
Château Lesparre, located in the village of Beychac-et-Caillau, was once the seigneurial property of the Countess de La Thibaude. The estate was producing red and white wines in the region. The castle had a tower and a chapel, still standing, on a 200-hectare estate, two-thirds of which is covered with vines. In 1986, Michel Gonet acquired the very great Château Lesparre and revived the tradition of producing quality wines. In thirty years, his sons Charles-Henri and Frédéric have managed to boost the markets. Today, the château has 40 hectares of vines.
Sustainable Winemaking at Château Lesparre
The history of the Château Lesparre winery traces back to 1802. The family has been passing down the winemaking techniques and the love of the terroir down through seven generations. Every year, they strive to evolve and improve the vineyard techniques so they remain respectful of the environment. From the vineyard to the winery, the winemaking team of Château Lesparre tries to work as sustainably as possible following natural growing cycles.