Lalande-De-Pomerol appellation is an appellation for red wines located in Right-Bank of Bordeaux. The Lalande-De-Pomerol appellation is located in the region of Libournais, about thirty km east of Bordeaux. Separated from Pomerol by the Barbanne river. This AOC is located in two communes: Lalande-de-Pomerol and Néac. In Lalande, basements are mainly composed of graves. In Néac, the vineyard is planted on a higher plateau, composed of gravel and sand.
Merlot dominates the blending of these wines very close to those of Pomerol. Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon and Malbec are also used in wine making. The Lalande-de-Pomerol wines are characterized by a deep red, pledge of powerful and bouquet wines.
The tannic presence is revealed from the attack but the warm side reappears very quickly to the palate where the tannins become velvety.
A part of important features of Lalande-De-Pomerol appellation for red wines are as follows:
- Soil: Ideal mixture of clay, gravel, and sand.
- Taste: A solid attack with tight but silky tannins.
- Wine color: red.
- Aromas: An expressive and distinctive nose with red berry notes. When the wine is aged in oak barrels, it develops plum, leather, game, and coconut notes.
- Aging potential: 5 – 10 years.
- Serving temperature: 15 to 17° C