Château DOYAC- Winery in the Bordeaux region with Magnificient Vineyards

In the Bordeaux region in France, lies the Château DOYAC winery. The magnificent vineyards’ origins are ancient as evidenced by the “Bordeaux and its wines” from Editions Féret from 1850. Max de Pourtalès returned to his Bordeaux origins with the acquisition in 1998 of Château Doyac located in the Haut-Médoc appellation. His wife Astrid left the New York theater scene to accompany him in this new adventure. Together they fell in love with the vineyard of the region.

New adaptations of the Winery

Following the expansion of the vineyard in 2009, Max de Pourtalès had a new conditioning cellar and a new barrel cellar built, to optimize the production of the wine. Also, a tasting room equipped with a professional pizza oven can accommodate journalists as well as tourists who love wine and pizzas. Everything is there to allow this vineyard to express itself in the best possible conditions. They then decided to convert the whole winery to organic agriculture in 2016 and to biodynamic agriculture in 2017.

The 2018 vintage is organic certified and the 2019 vintage is biodynamic Demeter certified. The Château Doyac is also the vintage Cru Bourgeois Supérieur since 2018.

Grape Varieties and their plantation

The staff at Château DOYAC take great care of their vineyards and Mother Nature. They have cultivated varieties of grapes in their vineyards. 75% of the vineyards are planted with Merlot grapes. And the remaining 25% of the vineyards have Cabernet Sauvignon grapes. We aim to have in the future about 70% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc and 10% Cabernet Sauvignon. The prime wine category that is produced from these grapes is red wine.

Please hold on a second: the map will load in a few seconds…

Services / Facilities:
Reduced Mobility Access available Reduced Mobility Access
Reduced Mobility Access available Organic Producer
Restaurant available Has Restaurant
Hotel Accommodation available Has Hotel
Kids Activities available Kids Activities
Pets Not Allowed Pets Allowed
Bus Parking Available Bus Parking
Cellar Door Sales
Organic Producer Organic Producer
Appellation:
Haut-Médoc
Wine Types:
Red Wine, White Wine, Rose Wine,
Grape Varieties:

Merlot Env, 75%, Cabernet Sauvignon Env, 25%, Soon Cabernet Franc

Location:
Château Doyac, 2 Route De Doyac, Saint Seurin De Cadourne, 33180, France See it on map
Visiting Hours:
Spoken Languages: English Français

Our Wine Experiences

Enter the fascinating world of wine at Château Doyac through one of our activities: choose the experience that thrills you most

Château Doyac

Wine tasting and tour at Château Doyac

7 €
1
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 StarsLoading...
Château Doyac, 2 Route De Doyac, Saint Seurin De Cadourne, 33180, France

Other wineries in Bordeaux

The Bordeaux region has a long wine tradition and a number of wineries which will open up the real taste of its wines

Château Lamothe De Haux

A charming estate whose history is engraved in the rock.

Bordeaux
(France)
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 StarsLoading...
Château Lamothe de Haux, Chemin de l'Église, Haux, France

Château Bonneau Gouze

Produce premium wine from their own method in Bordeaux

Bordeaux
(France)
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 StarsLoading...
13, Route des Vallons Montagne 33570 France

Château de Rayne Vigneau

One of the best producers of Sauternes.

Bordeaux
(France)
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 StarsLoading...
Château de Rayne Vigneau, Le Vigneau, Bommes, France

Château De L’hospital

Organic and sustainable winery producing the best natural vintages in the Graves region

Bordeaux
(France)
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 StarsLoading...
8 Rue De L'hospital, Portets, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, 33640, France

Other Wineries close to Château Doyac? Browse other Wineries in Médoc or Wineries in Bordeaux