Wines that Reveal the Richness of Legendary Sauternes

Dotted with magnificent vineyards, Domaine De Château Caillou resides in Haut-Barsac on a plateau decorated with pebbles. The estate is the true symbol of finesse and elegance reflected from its golden-colored wines with the essence of almonds, honey, and cinnamon. Château Caillou has bagged numerous awards on national and international fronts, combined with various Vinalies in the USA, China, Hong Kong, and England.

Hundred Years of the Classified Grand Crus

From one family to another, Château Caillou expresses a century-old tradition that started in 1909 by Joseph Ballan. He purchased the winery in an auction from Louis Sarraute, the former owner of the estate. Joseph Ballan had two daughters, Renée and Reine. In 1943, Reine married Joseph Bravo, and together, the couple ensured the sustainability of the winery. Later in 1997, Marie José, daughter of Reine and Joseph, married Michel Pierre and took over the estate. The couple has two sons Jean Noel and Sébastien. Since 2017, Sébastien handles all the operations of Château Caillou, from vine cultivation to wine production.

The Sweetness of the Terroirs & Aromas of Vines

Extended over 18 hectares, 90% of the vineyards are covered with Sémillon, the flagship grape variety of the estate, and the remaining 10% is cultivated with Sauvignon Blanc. Being respectful to nature, the family carries out each harvest manually. This allows them to collect the finest bunches and move to the cellar to produce award-winning white, sparkling, and dessert wines, labeled under BARSAC appellation.

Please hold on a second: the map will load in a few seconds…

Services / Facilities:
Reduced Mobility Access Unavailable Reduced Mobility Access
Not Organic Producer Organic Producer
Resaurant Unavailable Has Restaurant
Hotel Accommodation Unavailable Has Hotel
Kids Activities Unavailable Kids Activities
Pets Not Allowed Pets Allowed
Bus Parking Unavailable Bus Parking
Appellation:
BARSAC
Wine Types:
White Wine, Sparkling Wine, Sweet Wine
Grape Varieties:

Semillon, Sauvignon

Location:
9 Caillou, , 33720, Bordeaux, France See it on map
Visiting Hours:
Spoken Languages: English Français Español

Our Wine Experiences

Enter the fascinating world of wine at Chateau Caillou through one of our activities: choose the experience that thrills you most

Chateau Caillou

Wine tasting and tour at Chateau Caillou

10 €
1
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 StarsLoading...
9 Caillou, , 33720, Bordeaux, France

Other wineries in Bordeaux

The Bordeaux region has a long wine tradition and a number of wineries which will open up the real taste of its wines

Château Le Clos du Notaire

Come discover the mysterious heritage of the Clos.

Bordeaux
(France)
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 StarsLoading...
Château Le Clos du Notaire SARL, Camillac, Bourg, France

Château Les Remparts

Year after year, the watchtower of Château Les Remparts stands to remind of the tradition of excellence

Bordeaux
(France)
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 StarsLoading...
Les Remparts, Preignac, France

Château de Rayne Vigneau

One of the best producers of Sauternes.

Bordeaux
(France)
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 StarsLoading...
Château de Rayne Vigneau, Le Vigneau, Bommes, France

Chateau Picoron

Bordeaux
(France)
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 StarsLoading...
Chateau Picoron, Sainte Colombe, 33350, Geronde, France

Other Wineries close to Chateau Caillou? Browse other Wineries in Bordeaux