The Bordeaux-Haut-Benauge appellation is located in the center of the Entre-deux-Mers region, between Garonne and Dordogne rivers and close to Garonne river. Bordeaux-Haut-Benauge produces mellow white wines that are powerful, lively and balanced. They offer a pleasant aromatic set that combines notes of citrus, flowers and exotic fruits.
The set is harmonious with scale. Both dry white and sweet white produce in this appellation. The soil of this appellation is the combination of boulbènes and limestone. This appellation produces fluffy white wines powerful and vivid.
A part of important features of Bordeaux-Haut-Benauge appellation for dry white wines are as follows:
- Soil: Calcareous
- Taste: Supple, nervy, and lively.
- Wine color: Dry white.
- Aromas: Fruity with notes of citrus and tropical fruits, yellow flowers.
- Aging potential: 1 – 3 years.
- Serving temperature: 7 to 11° C
A part of important features of Bordeaux-Haut-Benauge appellation for sweet white wines are as follows:
- Soil: Clay and limestone.
- Taste: Harmonious, elegant, rich and round, long, fragrant finish.
- Wine color: Sweet white.
- Aromas: Yellow flowers, citrus and tropical fruits.
- Aging potential: 3 – 6 years.
- Serving temperature: 9 to 12° C