Travel via A1 or A6 from Madrid and reach Castile and Leon in an average of 2 hours 45 minutes. Road trip is perfect to discover and know the region by heart by the end of your trip.
While you travel from Madrid, we recommend you spare 6-8 days for road trip and not miss the following stop offs to explore wineries in Castile and Leon:
– Segovia, historic town with a mid-town Roman aqueduct, Gothic Cathedral, and the castle that inspired Disney’s Cinderella Castle.
– On your way to Burgos, visit San Ildefonso, a town on the foothills of Sierra de Guadarrama mountains, home to the Royal Palace of La Granja.
– Burgos, a city is best known for its Cathedral which is a part of UNESCO World Heritage site.
– Valladolid, the tourism center of Spain’s central plateau with old interesting buildings.
– Salamanca, a historic center with Romanesque, Gothic, Moorish, Renaissance, and Baroque monuments which are part of UNESCO World Heritage site.
Intercity Bus service company like ALSA connects from Madrid several times a day which will take around 3 hours and 30 minutes. There are also some direct bus connections from Madrid Barajas International Airport serving the region.